Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada is offline

Default OT - Switch Operated Parking Brake

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:15:02 -0400, Wes wrote:

Pete Keillor wrote:

Years ago I read in Car & Driver of a rally driver who used the lever
type to force his front wheel drive rally car into oversteer to get
the tail out in corners. Supposedly he got around quicker that way. I
doubt the average hard surface driver should try that. I wonder if he
ever forgot to hold the release button in. Nahhh.

It is a lot of fun on an icy, snowy parking lot. About all you can do with a
front wheel drive econobox.

Wes

Rallying the old Renault R12 back in the late '70s and early '80s I
used the handbrake a LOT. Modified so the button had to be held IN to
latch it. Just pull and release to let it off.
HandBrake turns were fun on the Mini too - the guy I sold it to did a
handbrake turn in a donut shop driveway and caught a pothole going
sideways. Folded the subframe right under the car. I had a few hours
of paying work getting a spare out of a wreck and replacing it for
him!!