Posted to alt.home.repair
Stanko Stanko is offline

Default CFL vs incandescent bulb: Brightness

Perhaps it's just the brand(s) of CFL bulbs that I've been buying -
but has anyone else noticed a lack of "brightness" with these things.
Case in point: I've switched bulbs out in light fixtures that I
normally would use 75 watt incandescents in - replacing them with
CFL's. The light output always seems dimmer in nature. I've even
gone as far as replacing my "normal" 75-watters -- upping them to 100-
watt CFL's...but I get the same results.

I also don't believe the long-life promises. Most of mine burn out in
less than a year or two -- the same term that standard bulbs with.

I'm disheartened that incandescents will no longer be sold after 2012;
I visualize us all in a "dimmer world".....