Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Dimmable CFL

In MElRj.228174$pM4.138256@pd7urf1no, Tony Hwang wrote in part:
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

As a further aside, my dad had a habit of installing double light fixtures
with 25 watt bulbs at strategic places throughout the house and basement,
wired in series, to produce a very low light level. He didn't like walking
into dark rooms, especially when the light switch wasn't near the entry.
To him, of course, this wasn't a waste of energy. Of course, this was in
an era when energy consumption was not an issue or concern.

Hi,
For low lighting I use LED bulbs. They consume only 3W per bulb.
Few different colors. Soon I hope LED will replace CFLs.

For low lighting, if you use LED bulbs that have several lower power
LEDs, I recommend green or blue ones for longer life if you can accept
the color. The green ones are brighter. Many low power white LEDs fade,
with a halflife often only around a year.

Same story with LED nightlights. Green and blue are brightest for night
vision and red is dimmest.

- Don Klipstein )