Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Dimmable CFL

In article HLlRj.98721$rd2.31381@pd7urf3no, Tony Hwang wrote:
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

On Mon 28 Apr 2008 06:44:08a, told us...

Subject: Dimmable CFL

On Apr 28, 9:23ÿam, Jim Redelfs wrote:

Do you believe that 130V-rated (commercial?) incandescent lamps,
operating at ~120VAC, are longer-lasting enough to be worth the hassle
of getting them (wholesaler) and price, compared to an everyday bulb?

Yes, I believe that, and almost all the incandescent bulbs I have in my
home are 130v-rated. Their logevity is astounding.

Hi,
Definitely those long life commercial grade ones lasts longer.
Also there is another one called rough duty ones. They are good for
ceiling light or trouble light fixtures. Pretty soon incadescent bulbs
will be out of production like diminishing R22 refrigerant.

The commercial grade, 130V and rough duty ones also produce less light.
A 100 watt one of those is only slightly brighter than a standard 75 watt
one.

- Don Klipstein )