Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon[_4_] Jon[_4_] is offline

Default OT - Switch Operated Parking Brake

mmm, ford has a better idea...

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
news:RdKdnRlyRKOHjovVnZ2dnUVZ_uKpnZ2d@choiceonecom munications...
My curious mind just wants to know....

I aquired a used 2004 Lincoln LS and it's the first car I've ever owned
where the parking brake wasn't applied "mechanically" through pulling on a
lever pivoted near the floor or pulled out from under the dash or stepped
on with my left foot.

What's the operating system which responds to the finger operated parking
brake switch located on the console and puts on the parking brake?

Is it as foolproof as the older style mechanically operated "emergency
brakes"?

Since automotive technology and complexity has advanced to a point where I
find myself "fixing my cars with my checkbook" more often than with my own
tools, I haven't bothered to aquire a shop manual for this beast yet, and
may never, so I can't look there.

Thanks guys,

Jeff
--