Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Question- Wood bees and firewood

"Phisherman" wrote

A handful of mothballs under the tarp will keep them away
for several months.

Now that might be just perfect! I can bag them up in net bags and put them
all around. The tarp is not tightly covering the pile, more there to keep
water away from the top and only covers the upper layer or so.

I really need to make a more proper woodshed, but we've got so many things
we've needed to do here after the place was rented for 6+ years, thats one
we know won't happen soon.

I did have an idea though for a simple one. It's *not* a perfect shed, but
wouldnt be expensive and be better than a stack in the yard.

Wood fencing material (8'lx6't roughly) to make a 3 sided 'box' with 2x4
corners for stability and a sort of roof over it of same. I could then have
some sort of screen like material across the front that was openable (or
removed in winter) yet could be sprayed in this season without worry about
the wood. Just thinking ideas... Oh and this is in a back yard that is
already fully fenced so is not visible from other than inside the back yard.
In fact if I use the corner, I need make only the one extending wall then a
'roof' supported by 2x4 framing.