Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wiebe Cazemier[_2_] Wiebe Cazemier[_2_] is offline

Default Intermittent fault in Eizo 19" T766 CRT

On Monday 28 April 2008 14:11, Wiebe Cazemier wrote:

I have the monitor running now without the blue gun connected. The fault
persists. When I turned it on, the screen flashed blue on and off like a
stroboscope. I was able to reproduce it by tapping the neckboard. Now that
it's warm, the fault is gone again.

Whoops, I meant, with the blue gun disconnected...

There is one difference. Before, the screen would contract and expand and
eventually turn off when it did this, probably because the CRT driver (an
LM2413 BTW) was shorted to ground through the blue cathode.

Anyway, the fault seems to be in the tube, in the blue gun. I will try the
shaking method a bit more, and hopefully I don't have to take any drastic
measures. BTW, I read somewhere in one of the sci.repair faqs that you have
to tap the neck quite hard: "not enough to break it, but close". I don't
really dare to do that...