Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
william kossack william kossack is offline

Default testing a vacuum pump

I've thought about it but other expenses at this time prevent me from
spending much that is not necessary. I had to write a big check to the
government on the 15th (can't figure out how I can earn less but pay
more in taxes)

the seller did not want to move on his price. I'll have to watch my
spending for a while.

Tom Storey wrote:
Hey William! I cannot see how you could go too wrong with buying one of
William Noble's pumps if you are serious about a vac system. They are
tested, he knows what size you need and he will ship it to you.
And, if it is a dud, you can always bad mouth him here

Tom

"william kossack" wrote in message
well the seller did not want to come down any from the $200. I got the
long email reply to my offer about how he researched vacuum pumps and how
well it works etc etc

Thinking about it I have other things I need to buy this spring that are
more important than additional turning gadgets. Finances are such that
even if I got it I would have to wait some months to put together the
vacuum chucking rig. I've turned for 5+ years and lived without a vacuum
pump. I'll just have to wait some more.

william kossack wrote:
I'm thinking of buy a used vacuum pump.

Gast 0523 but wired for 220. A big problem is that the seller does not
have 220 to show me that it works. The location is close enough to drive
to but far enough away that I don't want to drive back.

How can I test that the pump works?