Posted to uk.d-i-y
PCPaul PCPaul is offline

Default slate roof - felt or not?

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:15:12 +0100, PeterMcC wrote:

As far as the roof is concerned, have you thought about sprayed foam
insulation? I have to admit to having had something to do with these
folks on a commercial basis a while back but they do claim that it's
cheaper than having a re-roof and there's the benefit of insulation and
a permanent fix for the tiles.

http://www.foamspray.co.uk/benefits.html

We have that here on a rented place (that we might end up buying one
day...)

Seems fine, *but* almost anyone I mention it to sucks their teeth and
says 'ooh the damp gets into the joists'.

Any first hand experiences, good or bad?