Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default CFL vs Incandescent

bonnie wrote:
Given, CFL's are thought to be more energy efficient than incandescent
bulbs. But I heard they use more energy to turn on.

What if it is in a room that is used infrequently, a closet or guest
room for instance. In other words a room in which you would go in and
out of pretty quickly.

How long would a CFL have to be left on to realize the net energy
savings.

thanks for your input,
bonnie

If you hardly ever turn them on, they'll never pay for themselves.