Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Can anyone Identify this?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 4/27/2008 3:10 PM Cliff Hartle spake thus:

We found this thing in our house when we moved in 20 years ago and
don't know what it is.

Its made out of some sort of cast stone and weighs about 60 pounds.

Here an album of pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cliff.hartle/Thing

This pic is from the back.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cliff.ha...47587609316978

It looks like a thin walled pipe came in from the front and was sealed
to it.

I agree ith those who guessed it was a clock holder (though not a mantel
clock; I agree with you that it's probably too big and heavy for that).
Think about it: what else would fit in a round hole in an obviously
decorative piece that serves no other evident purpose?

It was probably meant to be painted or glazed to look like old stone.

I'd guess it was also intended to be an outdoor garden setting if that
is the case altho I wouldn't rule out the headstone marker as a possibility.