Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wiebe Cazemier[_2_] Wiebe Cazemier[_2_] is offline

Default Intermittent fault in Eizo 19" T766 CRT

On Monday 28 April 2008 01:07, bz wrote:
The question about the line capacitor was unrelated. It had to do with
another minor issue of this monitor (it slightly getting brighter over
time, ever since I got it), of which was suggested it could be this cap
which was degrading. While we were on the subject, I just thought I'd
ask.

Ah. I see.

I would expect a cathode bypass cap to be near the cathode.
On the other hand a cap involved in driving a cathode with a signal might
be near the video output. Sorry I can't help more.

I remember quite a long discussion somewhere about 'monitor too bright',
google may find it for you.

If I remember correctly, it was a panasonic monitor being discussed and two
fixes were mentioned. One involved going through the setup menu and the
other putting a resistor in parallel with another resisitor.
This may or may not be of any help to you.

You were also involved in the discussion about my monitor getting brighter.
But, it's no issue at all. A while ago, I turned down the G2 voltage and ran
the automatic color calibration and everything was perfect again. Except for
this intermittant fault issue, that is.

I suppose it's got nothing to do with it, but still I think it's best to ask
whether turning down the G2 voltage could have induced the failure I'm dealing
with now? I turned it down only a very tiny bit. So little that it was hard to
make such a subtle adjustment.