Posted to rec.woodworking

Default IRS Rebate Check

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Just go back and look at powers of the world in the past such as
Constantinople, Rome, Venice, England etc. Follow the gold. It may
not happen in our lifetime, but it can, and probably will, happen
some day be it China or some other country.

So how does the "gold" figure into any of those you mentioned?

Gold = wealth = power.
At one time all the powers mentioned (I forgot Spain) had the most gold in
the world. Its all in the history books.

Yes, eventually the US will cease to be the predominant power in the
world. That's life.

That is what I've been saying.

China has four times our population. If they
_don't_ eventually become the predominant power in the world then they
have something _wrong_ with them. But my GOD what a market that's
going to be!

But as long as we buy from them more than we sell, and keep moving our
manufacturing over there, they will keep gaining on us and have the
potential to control us.