Posted to rec.woodworking
randyswoodshoop randyswoodshoop is offline

Default Dyes and glue-up

On Apr 27, 5:34*pm, John wrote:
I've been experimenting with dyes recently, something I've never tried
before. *I'm about to get started on a first project with dyed wood
and I wonder about glue-up. *

Can I dye a piece of wood and then glue it normally afterwards (i.e.,
yellow glue, pretty much like any wood)? *

The dye, from what I've seen and what I've read, soaks into the wood
rather than coating the surface like a stain, and the surface of the
dyed wood looks pretty normal except for the color. *So I'm thinking I
probably can treat it like normal wood for glueing purposes, but I
haven't seen this mentioned one way or another anywhere.

Advice from the group?

Reply-to address is real
John

Yes you should be able to glue no proble,. Be careful with glue
squeeze out. It would be hard to sand and repair.

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com