Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default I have a opportunity to buy a cat pee house, Should I?

wrote:
I have a chance to buy a house that the retail value is 435000 for
about 300000. The place really stinks from pet urine. It's mostly cat
but the neighbor said there were 2 dogs as well as the 9 cats.

Can I fax this place for 50000???? so I have money to renovate and
make a profit when I sell it?

Without going into the numbers, if your question is the cat/dog urine smell,
then, yes that can be overcome.

I assume you're going to replace all the carpets anyway.

Buy (or rent or contract) a commercial Ozone generator. This is the device
used by commercial companies to render a house fit for habitation after, for
example, twelve people and a fish were killed a month previously and left to
decompose.

After scooping up all the disintegrated and decomposed tissue, the maggots,
and scrubbing the walls where tissue was flung as the rotting bodies
exploded due to the build up of internal gasses, they turn on the machine
and leave.

In a short while - like 24 hours - the place is as clean as a hospital
operating room.

You'll have to use your imagination as to what these companies have to deal
with; decorum and the knowledge that sensitive types visit this newsgroup
constrain me from being more graphic.