Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Dimmable CFL

In ,
ransley wrote:

On Apr 26, 10:33*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Came across a 23W dimmable CFL. Got one to try it out.
It worked ~2 hours and pop, it went to full brightness and
no more dimmable??!! Are they this unreliable? Or I got bad one.

Take it back, im sure it has a warranty, but I dought cfls dim well,
they probably go red in color dimmed

I have done enough CFL dimming to know that indoor ones used indoors do
not change color much from dimming. I have seen some get slightly warmer
or slightly cooler in color from change in current and change in
temperature, but that's it.

One complaint of dimming fluorescents is lack of the color getting
warmer as the lamps are dimmed. The lighting can take on a "dreary gray"
appearance with severe dimming as a result.

- Don Klipstein )