Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default Wireless N Routers

Puckdropper wrote:
Tom Watson wrote in
:

*snip*

Here is my question - does the extended range depend on having a
wireless N adapter on the box, or is the range simply a fucntion of
the router signal?

All of my adapters, both internal and external are B and G.

tom - still barely in range in pennsyltucky.

You'll never get away from the need for a decent antenna for good signal
strength. However, some routers (with third party firmware such as DD-
WRT) can have their signal power turned up so your current antenna
transfers the signal farther.

DD-WRT states that you might not want to go much higher the 70mw
transmit power or you might considerably shorten the life of the
transmit hardware. I think 28mw is standard.