Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default Laid Off and Executive Desk Design

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:35:01 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

Sun, Apr 13, 2008, 5:20pm From:
(Tom*Watson)
As some of you know, about five years ago I gave up the cabinet shop and
entered corporate life as project manager for a millwork company. snip

Hi'ya Tom. I don't come around here often anymore, too.l. I don't
know what, but it is now. Never glance at more than the first two pages
anymore, so just happened to see this thread. I'm one of the 10%, I
didn'tr know. Getting laid off is a bummer. I didn't exactly get laid
off, unless you can call retting unemployed because they want out of
business laid off. Happened twice. Either way, it sucks.

A major portion of my military time was spent running a desk. Only
one was wood, that I can reall off hand. One thing I really liked about
it was it came down to the floor all around, not just the legs. That
way I could slip off my dress boots and no one would know. One feature
I would have liked would have been some sor of foot rest uner it.d

Personally, my view on an 'executive desk' is it's usually a
wheelbarrow load of money spend on a desk for a guy that doesn't do any
work anyway. Faux painted MDF would probably do for most of 'em, most
of 'em probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.

JOAT
10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker

I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

Thanks for the reply.

A privacy screen for the boot hiding is certainly an option.

As far as the "wheelbarrow load of money" - I want that - right in my
pocket.

Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1