Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default jig or circular saw?

In article ,
EricP wrote:
On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 17:54:43 +0100, "Fray McBentos"
wrote:

Hello. I need to cut some mdf flat pack furniture type "wood".

I am planning on "re-designing" some argos furniture.

I have a hand saw, but I can't be bothered with it.

Should I buy a dirt cheap circular saw or a dirt cheap Jigsaw ?

It'll not get used again for a long time.

You really should use a sharp hand saw on that type of furniture,
unless you want to spend a lot on a decent saw.

Cheap crap will leave really bad crap edges.

I'd say a cheap (25 quid?) circular saw is likely to give better results
in the hands of the unskilled than any handsaw regardless of price.

--
*Sleep with a photographer and watch things develop

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.