Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default jig or circular saw?

Fray McBentos wrote:
Hello. I need to cut some mdf flat pack furniture type "wood".

I am planning on "re-designing" some argos furniture.

I have a hand saw, but I can't be bothered with it.

Should I buy a dirt cheap circular saw or a dirt cheap Jigsaw ?

Neither: tell us exactly what types of cuts ( straight or curved) you
need, and someone will tell you what to HIRE which will do a far better
job at the same money as buying a piece of consumer crap.

As well as supporting some nice bloke who probably knows what he's on
about in the tool hire place,rather than a bunch of marketing ******s
and pimply teenagers in B & Q.

It'll not get used again for a long time.

Exactly. Then hire good kit, dont buy rubbish.