Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outlet in the middle of the floor

On Apr 27, 9:42*am, BillGill wrote:
MiamiCuse wrote:
Another option is to go from the top, then put in a decorative pole from
ceiling to floor punching through the table and the wires go inside, I could
even do phone and cat5 cables in it too.

Thoughts?

MC

If you do this and want to put in the signal wiring it needs to be separated
from the power wiring by a metal separator. *This is for safety and noise
suppression.

Bill Gill

I've recently seen some new construction where the builder chose to
use the pole idea with a center island. It looked absolutely
terrible. In an otherwise beautiful kitchen, it's the one thing that
immediately draws your eye.

Not saying there might not be designs this could work with. But
unless I was absolutely sure it looks good and doesn't detract at all,
I would not do it. As others have pointed out, cutting a channel for
a conduit into concrete really isn't difficult and shouldn't be a
design tradeoff consideration for something that you're going to have
to live with, deal with a resale, etc.