Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question- Wood bees and firewood

"cshenk" wrote in message
Ok, how do others handle this?

I have about 1 cord in my backyard. It's the season to have a bee problem
and they like that area. Since I fully plan to burn this wood in the
fireplace next winter, I cant just spray it with pesticides. I do not
have a shed.

I was thinking to spray a plastic tarp, then put this over the wood.

Plastic tarp may help, but it may just protects the bee nests inside. You
could fumigate under it though. Any pesticide will have dissipated long
before it is time to burn the wood.