Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tanner-'op Tanner-'op is offline

Default Sonic Repellers for mice

de_ja wrote:
Hi,

I want to know if such devices as sonic repellers to deter mice and
rats and other rodents are actually effective.

For example the B&Q Rat & Mouse Repeller at

http://tinyurl.com/5a589b

Does anyone have any first hand experience of these devices, do they
really work?

Thanks very much for your opinions.

You could try installing a Mosquito device to repel the little beggars (mice
that is) - or even try the old fashioned method of a mouse (or rat) trap
baited with a bit of cheese (very effective, I once caught 6 mice in a four
hour period in an old builders canteen and could eat in peace) - BUT I
forgot, that would infringe the 'mouses[1]-rights' to life (put in for the
do-gooders and the sqeamish) reading this!

On a serious note: if they are getting into the house, I would suggest that
you look for the entrance point(s) and signs of nests, eradicate these and
then kill the unwanted guests.

If they are in the garden, then no matter what you do, they will still turn
up and I would suggest setting pet and kiddie proof traps to kill them -
although depending on your location, that may be like spitting against the
wind.

[1] Deliberately spelled that way!

Tanner-'op