Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outdoor Weatherproof Receptacles - Curiosity

On Sat 26 Apr 2008 07:33:16p, Tony Hwang told us...

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message

I know someone around here who has 2 exterior receptacles wired to
interior ones, with the GFCI in the interior location. This makes it
easy to control holiday lights without having to go out in bad weather.

Never thought of doing that. The outlet I put in the front of my house
is controlled by an indoor switch for that reason.

Hi,
I just use digital timer. X-mas lights receptacle is built-in right
under the eave and on exterior walls where needed.

Wow, how handy is that! Wish I'd thought of doing that our house was being
built.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 04(IV)/26(XXVI)/08(MMVIII)