Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.energy,misc.consumers,sci.agriculture
[email protected] jtnospam@yahoo.com is offline

Default Food shortage ethanol follies, I've planted a food garden.

On Apr 25, 2:08*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
*"Rod Speed" wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
aspasia wrote:

Or rather corn ethanol demand was craftily engineered by influential
agribusinessmen in certain "heartland" states, shoveling out their
contributions to our beloved Congress-whores. *They did not care what
ripple effects this would create in the Third World, where people are
now starving. *Effects even felt in our *neighbor to the South, where
the price of corn went through the ceiling, affecting tortillas -- *a
standard food, like wheat bread *in the States.

There has never been a famine in a democracy.

Wrong.

* *Name one, if you would be so kind. I can't think of any.

There haven't been that many democracies, historically speaking. Post-
colonial India has had some starving people from time to time, but
perhaps it is a stretch to call it a true democracy...And that doesn't
mean it can't happen.
Can we get back to the subject matter of the original post? How many
out there are planting garden crops this year?-Jitney