Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Si-diodes in Second World War radar & Communication equipment

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 22:10:26 -0400, John Popelish
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:
On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:42:57 -0700, JosephKK

Say what you will. I was playing with 1950's (or older) parts in the
1960's. All the datasheets back then said Ge. Compare proper
contemporaneous parts.

Well, I'm sure your memory is more accurate than my books and
datasheets.

I found an oral history from someone who was involved in the
research at the time (Art Uhlir Jr.). It is a bit
scattered, but very close to this discussion:
http://semiconductormuseum.com/Trans...hlir_Index.htm

Bottom of page 10 gets to the 1N23.

Corroborates my thought that they were probably point-contact.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |