Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth[_2_] FrozenNorth[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: IRS Rebate Check

Dave Balderstone took a can of maroon spray paint on April 26, 2008 06:50 pm
and wrote the following:

In article , FrozenNorth
wrote:

And if Obama or Clinton want to renegotiate NAFTA, do we get to increase
the
price? And lower the price at our pumps? Why is my price of gas tied to
what they charge across the border, NAFTA says it must be, keep it in
Canada at a price they can afford to get it out of the ground.

NAFTA says nothing about tying the pump price of gasoline to the price
south of the border.

It DOES say that Canada can't apply restrictions on our exports to the
US that are more onerous than we apply on our domestic supplies.

THAT's the hammer we would have in any renegotiation of NAFTA.

Remove that clause, and we would have right to turn off the pipelines
to protect domestic supply. Under the current agreement, that's not
possible.

If it isn't in NAFTA there is some other agreement that requires pricing to
be tied to the nearest US city. I have heard it several times, just can't
remember the context.
--
Lits Slut #9