Posted to alt.home.repair
Calab Calab is offline

Default water leaking into toilet even after changing flapper

wrote in message
I just changed flapper inside the water tank hoping it would fix the
leak. I'm willing to change the valve mechanism because I don't like
the ball floats and the rusty twig that holds the ball. While I'm at
it should I also change the overflow pipe as well?

How else can water get into the bowl other than 1. through the flapper
drain 2. Over the overflow pipe?

Thanks.

One possible cause is that the replacement flapper does not fit quite
right. I had to exchange a flapper for one that cost a few pennies more just
to get a proper fit even though they were nominally the same. It appears
"they just don't make 'em like they used to".

Also, make sure that the surface where the flapper rests is smooth. You
might have some hard water buildup around the hole.

--
Fight Usenet Spam!!! - http://improve-usenet.org:80/

Want a good newsgroup reader that will filter out GoogleGroups spam?
Try MesNews - http://www.mesnews.net/gb/

If you want your posts to be seen, DON'T USE GOOGLE GROUPS!