Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default O/T What are the real truths? What is happening right under our nose?

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
On Apr 26, 1:34 pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:
Leon wrote:

"Hank" wrote in message
. ..

I think we should
stop subsidies to oil companies. They no longer drill nor do they
build
refineries. Perhaps a windfall profits tax would be proper. Any profit
over
5% roi should be subject to an 80% tax. There goes most of my income
for
the year (past years).

So you blame oil companies for not drilling or building refineries?

From ANWR to the North Dakota oil fields, there is sufficient oil to
let
us tell the OPECers to go pound sand.

OTOH, if we burn everybody else's oil up first, we would control the
world supply...

Considering that Exxon estimates that we have only used 1/3 of the world
reserves I don't think I am going to be around to see us be in control.
We'll only be around to see us go broke.