B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default Reconditioned Tools

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:11:03 -0400, Thomas Mitchell
wrote:

I've been hesitant to buy reconditioned tools, the ones that have been
reconditioned by the factory. However, I'm considering a Delta
reconditioned scroll saw, the 40-570R from Amazon.

All of the reconditioned Delta tools I've bought came with a six month
warranty, as opposed to a 1 or 2 year included with a "new" tool.

This isn't an issue for me, and I continue to seek out reconditioned
stuff over new, as the overall value is usually better.

One caveat, the cheaper the tool, the less sense it makes to go for
recon. I've seen $99 tools going for $80-85 reconditioned, and $500
tools going for $250. In this case, I'd buy the new version of the
$99 tool.

Barry