Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Chinese Spam

(Doug Miller) wrote:

Way too complicated. Just killfile all traffic coming from GoogleGroups, and
be done with it. If that's too heavy-handed, then use filter rules to build a
whitelist of Google Gropers whose posts you do want to see, and killfile
everything else.

If you're using NewsProxy (Nfilter) with your newsreader, such a setup would
look like this:

* flag: from:sleepy|grumpy|dopey|sneezy|happy|bashful|doc
* drop: message-ID:googlegroups

Any post from any one of the seven posters named will come through. Anything
*else* from Google Groups won't.

That might be a good solution. I hope my leafnode nntp server is sitting on
my lan ip or I can change it to that interface or I won't be able to use my
localhost to run nfilter. Running the two statistics programs has
introduced a bit of complexity to my configuration.

I'll play with it soon. I spent the last two days getting pop3s working
since
www.cygwin.com changed the behaviour of imap to using ssl for pop3 and
uw-imap3d started looking in the wrong place for my mail files. Good thing
I like playing with computers.

After configuring pop3s on 995 $ ln -s /var/mail /var/spool/mail got
uw-imap3d looking in the right place.

You can have a lot of fun on Winblows with Cygwin.

Wes