Posted to sci.electronics.repair
conundrum conundrum is offline

Default faulty Acer 22" monitor

hi there.

Can you help? I've patched up this inverter with generic power/If
matched compatible transistors but they are getting rather warm
compared with the "good" side although the inverter works fine.

It uses 2 each of P2804BDG and 2 each of P5504EDG P and N channel
MOSFETs in a half bridge arrangement, one side of the inverter has
both transistors dead shorted with blown capacitors (100uF 35V)

A couple of the inverter transformers look like they have been
overheating, but this could be due to the FET's.

replaced all parts but I really need to make sure its going to last as
this monitor sees a lot of use 24/7.

thanks, -Andre