Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Intermittent fault in Eizo 19" T766 CRT

Wiebe Cazemier wrote in
b.home.nl:

On Saturday 26 April 2008 02:51, James Sweet wrote:

You shouldn't have to discharge the CRT, that's only necessary if you
have to remove the anode lead, even then it usually discharges itself
through the focus divider on color monitors.

So discharge through the cathode assembly won't happen?

The 22" flat trinitron tubes commonly have intermittant focus issues,
mine acts up occasionally but has behaved pretty well lately. Haven't
run into that with the 19" tubes.

Focus issues are not my problem. When there is a fault, the screen
flashes a couple of times, contracts, expands (like an old TV) and
sometimes it shuts itself off.

Sounds like you might have an intermittent short to ground on a power
supply line, perhaps inside a bad capacitor.
Or an intermittent connection in the voltage sensing circuits, or the AC
line into the power supply.

Intermittents are difficult to localize and fix.

Perhaps you can narrow down the problem by monitoring voltages at various
points while it is acting up.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.