Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Intermittent fault in Eizo 19" T766 CRT

Wiebe Cazemier wrote in
b.home.nl:

On Saturday 26 April 2008 04:25, bz wrote:

Also, the comment about letting it sit for 10 minutes so all the
capacitors will be discharged is good, assuming that there are no open
bleeder resistors, etc. But, it might NOT be good to 'bet your life' on
the bleeders doing their job. Occasionally, they do open, so your
caution to treat them as if they might be 'live' is a good one for
those that want a long life.

OK, but since I will need to solder and/or refit plugs, I can't consider
it to be 'live' at all time. Will it be sufficient to measure the
voltage between the RGB line wires, for example, and ground, to give me
an idea of whether it's safe?

Yes.

--
bz