Posted to rec.woodworking
Phil again Phil again is offline

Default O/T: IRS Rebate Check

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 00:04:18 +0000, Lew Hodgett wrote:

If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but don't we in the USA get most of
our crude oil from Canada, Mexico, South America, and west coast of
Africa? I mean the cost of shipping oil all the way from Saudi Arabia
makes it even more expensive. We get some from there, but I thought it
was only when Africa oil distribution has been interrupted.

(the following is soap box comment, you may ignore it if you choose)
And this way (Canada, Mexico, Africa) the big oil companies owned by
Friends-of-Bush-and-Cheney can make all those huge profits but pay so
little taxes. (moved off-shore to hide profits and avoid taxes.)