Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Yes folks, its cheaper to heat with electricity!

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Well I'm not bothered about the CO2, the carbon was only taken from the
atmosphere in the last 50 odd years and we have 800 odd new trees growing
in the paddock. I don't think the local sheep are bothered by a bit of
smoke and the nearest neighbours down wind in the prevailing direction are
several miles away the otherside of a fell...

and to wood prices,if everybody started doing it doesn't bear thinking
about.

Not to mention how fast this country would lose any tree bigger than a
large sapling.

Yes
One of my most vidid memories of te Isle of wight festival - the first
one - is arriving there a day eraly and campoing in the corner of a
field by a nice little copse, and leaving in the Monday with the wood
gone, and having been replaced by what amounted to an open toilet.

Back to nature, in terms of the vast majority of people, doesn't work.