Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Chinese Spam

Ignoramus14435 wrote:

On 2008-04-25, Jim wrote:
Can anyone point me to a newsreader that is capable of filtering the
chinese spam? Preferably Linux.

google: slrn linux killfile googlegroups

I use slrn and am very satisfied.

I keep thinking that if we use the message id field, and as a community,
rated messages as spam and ot and had newsreaders that would check a
database to score each message before downloading we could kill all this
disruption. I'm calling this idea, community scoring in case some one
implements it. This way everyone could have their two cents as a moderator.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller