Posted to alt.home.repair
Calab Calab is offline

Default Testing home water pressure?

Calab wrote:

The water pressure in my subdivision has always been low. We moved in
as the area was being developed so we just assumed that the pressure
was low as houses were still going up, etc...

Well, now it's eight years later and our pressure is still poor. For
example, if I have the lawn sprinkler on and flush my toilet, the
sprinkler just about stops.

I'm hoping that there is a reasonably simple way that I could test the
water pressure in my home. Any gauges or methods that I should be aware
of?

I'm located in Calgary, AB, Canada.

Your local big box store like Home Depot or Lowe's will have pressure
gauges that attach to your garden hose faucet for around $10 US or so in
the section with in ground sprinkler parts. They are commonly used to
check the available water pressure before designing an in ground
sprinkler system. Testing is the easy part, getting the water supplier
to fix the problem is a lot bigger problem.

Ah... I hadn't though to look there. Thx!

--
Fight Usenet Spam!!! - http://improve-usenet.org:80/

Want a good newsgroup reader that will filter out GoogleGroups spam?
Try MesNews - http://www.mesnews.net/gb/

If you want your posts to be seen, DON'T USE GOOGLE GROUPS!