Posted to alt.home.repair
Calab Calab is offline

Default Testing home water pressure?

It sounds more like a partial blockage or too small of a supply line
somewhere. Do you have a pressure control valve on your system? Do you have
any kind of whole house water filter? How about the neighbors; do they have
the same problem?

"Calab" wrote in message
The water pressure in my subdivision has always been low. We moved in as
the area was being developed so we just assumed that the pressure was low
as houses were still going up, etc...

Well, now it's eight years later and our pressure is still poor. For
example, if I have the lawn sprinkler on and flush my toilet, the sprinkler
just about stops.

I'm hoping that there is a reasonably simple way that I could test the
water pressure in my home. Any gauges or methods that I should be aware of?

I'm located in Calgary, AB, Canada.

-- Fight Usenet Spam!!! - http://improve-usenet.org:80/

Want a good newsgroup reader that will filter out GoogleGroups spam? Try
MesNews - http://www.mesnews.net/gb/

If you want your posts to be seen, DON'T USE GOOGLE GROUPS!

Definately no pressure control valve in the system.

We did add a filter recently, but the issues were there long before.
The filter really hasn't made much of a difference in pressure.