Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Testing home water pressure?

On Apr 25, 7:46*pm, Robert Neville wrote:
Calab wrote:
I'm hoping that there is a reasonably simple way that I could test the
water pressure in my home. Any gauges or methods that I should be aware
of?

There's two parts to water flow - pressure and volume. If you have a volume
problem (i.e. a half open valve somewhere, a crimped pipe, etc.) a static check
of the water pressure won't reveal the problem.

I'd go to a local hardware store or plumbing supply house, buy a pressure gauge
with faucet threads, then check the pressure with no water being used, and the
pressure when you have another faucet open.

Check with the nieghbor as was said do they have the same problem make
sure your main shut off is fully open and as was sais check
blockages . Also check your areators may be 7.5 ltrs per min flow rate
ones change for 9.5