Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Testing home water pressure?

Calab wrote:

I'm hoping that there is a reasonably simple way that I could test the
water pressure in my home. Any gauges or methods that I should be aware
of?

There's two parts to water flow - pressure and volume. If you have a volume
problem (i.e. a half open valve somewhere, a crimped pipe, etc.) a static check
of the water pressure won't reveal the problem.

I'd go to a local hardware store or plumbing supply house, buy a pressure gauge
with faucet threads, then check the pressure with no water being used, and the
pressure when you have another faucet open.