Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dual-flush toilets are disastrous - official

Tim wrote:
Martin Pentreath wrote:
http://timesonline.typepad.com/envir...lush-toil.html

Surely that should read, "Not paying attention to an overflowing
cistern when you're on a water meter is silly"? Hardly a disaster.

Nothing to do with dual flush or even internal overflows (although
arguably, a small leak down the back of the pan is less noticeable).

I get a lot of calls (& jobs) reported as 'toilet won't stop flushing'.
What they mean is that the internal overflow is operating. Reports of water
from an external overflow are much less common, so I'd say internal
overflows are much more noticeable.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk