Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] aribert@c3net.net is offline

Default OT - use of a pneumatic vacuum pump (auto A/C use), convertingR12 manifold gages to R134A?

Thanks for the replys - not intending to get people riled up. I had
planned on taking it to an A/C shop to have it drawn down and
recharged but then I thought that since I need to do this again for
two more cars next year - I might as well look into buying a vacuum
pump and a set of 134A gages or adapter ends for my existing R22
gages..

This car is only 4 1/2 years old so it is already R134A from the
factory and I have already purchased the receiver/dryer along w/ the
replacement condensor. The tube clip chaffed thru the condensor tube
back in Nov or Dec. I'm a bit ****ed at myself for not thinking about
looking for a vacuum pump back in Dec/Jan/Feb.

I'm considering trying one of the pneumatic pumps from Harbor Freight
- if it does not work, I have 30 days to return it. My father has an
older A/C vac pump - but he lives on the opposite end of the country
from me.