Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Jim Hall[_3_] Jim Hall[_3_] is offline

Default Shaker style wood box

Really...? nervous? Just in that wood box for a couple hours or even half
a day? Well, ok.. Pellet and gas stoves I guess are options also..
There's just something about the warmth and ambience of a woodstove fire
that's hard for me to resist.. and firewood is plentiful here..

As far as mixed wood projects. I also like a mix of maple with cherry a lot
too.. African mahogany with walnut or wenge.. or walnut and wenge or
fishtail oak... white oak with ebony accents.. actually ebony accents with
almost anything... so many choices and so little time..

"Garage_Woodworks" .@. wrote in message

"Jim Hall" wrote in message
Yes; but it dulls their teeth and they can't eat as fast.. grin
Honestly, I have seen termites splitting wood on ocassion: but never when
I've taken it out of the wood pile years later. The area where wood is
stored has a 4 inch gravel base for drainage with a 2x4 pallet-like frame
on top of it where the firewood is stacked.. I'm no expert on this..
but haven't noticed a problem either.. I did years ago when the wood
was allowed to stay wet from winter rains..

I don't know either, but it would make me a little nervous storing
firewood in doors.

Sweet project by the way!! I am also a huge fan of walnut and maple!