Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Monitoring house current draw?

Buy1get1free wrote in
:

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:51:41 GMT, "peter" wrote:

I'd like to be more aware of the current draw in my house. This could
help me locate appliances I forgot to turn off, or device that draw
large current even when turned off, or hidden current leakage.

The easiest way is probably to add some sort of meter to the main
electrical panel. However I don't feel like rewiring the panel for
this.

Are there circuit breaker with built-in amp meter? I guess the meter
would have to be very small. If such thing exists it would be the
simplest solution. Or it could transmit the reading via powerline (x10
or insteon) that can be read with a PC interface.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...duct_6970_2003
43851_200343851?cm_ven=Aggregates&cm_cat=Google&cm _pla=Electrical%2C%20
Electrical%20Tools&cm_ite=457007&ci_src=14110944&c i_sku=457007

You can also call your power company. In VT, they would send you one to
use for a month and even sent you a postpaid box to return it. Of course,
had to leave credit card info in case you didn't return it.