Default Reconditioned Tools

Thomas Mitchell wrote:

I've been hesitant to buy reconditioned tools, the ones that have been
reconditioned by the factory. However, I'm considering a Delta
reconditioned scroll saw, the 40-570R from Amazon.

Anyone have good experiences with reconditioned tools?

The saw comes with a 6 mos warranty, but I can't find out how long the
warranty is for 'new' tools.

I bought a Craftsman circular saw almost 30 years ago. It is still
working. More recently, I bought a M-K tile saw and it is still going
strong. My brother borrows it everytime he can find some side work.
It came with two used diamond blades which have more cutting surface
than a new one.

Unless there is a design problem with the tool that is left
uncorrected, consider the tool to have survived a 'burn in' test.
Most things electric/electronic either die quick or last fairly long.

Wes