Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Can I clean a bearing hub with WD 40

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:13:14 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "42"
quickly quoth:

"Wes" wrote in message
Jim Chandler wrote:

I use it all the time on dirty bearings, but you'll have to re-lube them
after cleaning.

And in addition, do not spin the bearings with compressed air.

Wes

I've heard that many times, what is the reasoning?

If you spin it too fast and the outer land and cage can come off the
balls, it can take fingers off. I still blow 'em off, but I don't spin
'em much any more.

--
Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions
of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar