Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default vacuum cleaners

Rick Hughes wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article
,
Richard Russell writes:
On 22 Apr, 16:46, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

couple of us talking about vacuums last week (sad I know) ... 3 of the
guys had Dysons, and all of them have had failures, one guys advised his
fails every 18months ... this must be a really poor machine design.
It might be clever, it might be different ... but if it isn't reliable
it is a risky purchase.

I consigned all vacuum's to the skip ... and have a built in vacuum in
my house ... A Beam Serenity Plus .... a whole level of magnitude more
powerful than standard domestic vacs (and I include Kirby & Henry in
that list)

No heavy machine to lug about, very quiet (at hose end anyway) ... only
needs emptying twice a year ... no bags, and exhaust air goes outside
the building.

Also provides me with vacuum points in garage for power tools ... all in
all a great bit of kit.

Surprised that developers are not putting them in as standard ...
suppose it will come, but typical UK building industry always 10 years
behind.

What on earth does it cost though? Is it something only practical to
install in new-builds?
David