Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Vehicle ownership and changing vehicle registered keeper

Adrian wrote:

But the V5C is in his name?

Yes - at her address.

Sorry, I'd missed that the car's actually at her place. So she's got
everything bar the name on the V5. Small but vital difference. I assumed
he'd taken it with him and was using it as his. In that case, I think I'd
definitely be getting it re-registered. The V5C is still at her address,
so he's not going to get a chance to object.

I think I would be inclined to let him keep the depreciated asset, and
chase the loan instead!

--
Cheers,

John.