Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
_[_2_] _[_2_] is offline

Default Vehicle ownership and changing vehicle registered keeper

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:58:51 +0000 (UTC), Adrian wrote:

PM ("PM" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Mr B has said he is going to keep the car. Miss A's parents want it
back as part payment for the debt due. The car is at Miss A's house
and she holds the V5 and one of the two sets of keys.

But the V5C is in his name?

Yes - at her address.

Sorry, I'd missed that the car's actually at her place. So she's got
everything bar the name on the V5. Small but vital difference. I assumed
he'd taken it with him and was using it as his. In that case, I think I'd
definitely be getting it re-registered. The V5C is still at her address,
so he's not going to get a chance to object.

Then sell it.

"What car?"